Book Proposal Critique:
Understanding exactly what publishers and agents want in a book proposal is crucial to the success of your manuscript. For a book proposal critique, allow one week for me to make comments, suggest edits, and build strategy to help make your proposal stand out.
- Book proposal review outlining strategy, strength, and areas to work on
- Edits, suggestions, and polishing using track changes
Add Query Letter: $30
** A book proposal critique does not include three sample chapters
Beginner Publishing Consultation:
What's the best publishing avenue for your project, and how can you begin pursuing it? For this consultation, I'll review your writing and we'll talk about the goals and dreams you have for your project--and the best way to make them real. In a 1 hour consultation, we'll review all your options and create a publishing plan with simple steps you can take to move forward.
- Manuscript and goals review
- 1 hour phone or Skype consultation
- A written publishing plan
The best time to strengthen your gift for writing is when you're still in high school. The teen mentorship is an intensive and intentional program that helps teens grow from hobby writers to career writers. Each student will receive personalized weekly instruction where I'll review their manuscript chapter-by-chapter, and help them get their book ready for submission.
By the end of this course teens will:
- Have a stronger knowledge of the writing craft
- Know how to navigate the demands of the publishing industry
- Have created a book proposal, query letter, and strategy for submitting their project to publishers and agents
Six week package - $400
Twelve week package - $700
Packages include a 40 minute Skype call once per week, plus emailing access 3x per week. The course is for serious teen writers only and requires that they have a completed or nearly completed manuscript.
A personal evaluation of your manuscript's strengths and weaknesses can be vital to your success as a writer. Each critique comes with a short review of each chapter or work, plus comments and suggested edits.
COST: $17 (per 2,000 words)